There are many diverse factors that can contribute to the growth of mold and fungus in indoor environments. When fungus and molds are found growing inside of a home or office environment, there is usually a complex group of factors that precipitate mold growth inside living and working spaces.
For instance, homes are not only the principal areas where the family and pets congregate and live, but also are inhabited by bacteria, microbes, viruses, pests, insects and dust mites. For this reason, fungi hardly ever grow in isolation or in a vacuum – molds and fungi grow alongside other viable and present household contaminants.
Some of the general fungal factors frequently seen growing in the home are found in plentifully supply, especially after a water damage event or flood, that affects the interior environment of a home.
Fungal allergens are antigenic entities characterized by fungus. These fungi are often airborne, and are found commonly in damp and moldy environments. Microbial volatile organic compounds (MVOCs) are fungal products that come from chemical compounds and the growth of mycotoxins. In this case, MVOCs are cited as factors in Sick Building Syndrome (SBS), and contribute to dangerous health concerns in humans.
Mycotoxins are nonvolatile fungus, which area chemically sable, bioactive compounds that pose hazardous risks to human health as well. People exposed to mycotoxins can have asthma triggered in their systems to develop other health complaints, such as nasal symptoms too. These are solid reasons to be more aware of indoor mold growing in living environments.